
Jackson turned 3 1/2 on September 9th. I absolutely LOVE watching him grow up. He's getting so independent!! I'm so blessed to get to spend my days with him; it is so fulfilling to me. He gets more and more delightful each day!!
*He loves to play games with me and Eric. His favorites include Go Fish, Memory, Chutes & Ladders, Bingo, and Tic-Tac-Toe. He's got some mad skills and can totally beat us!!
*He entered the 'I Heart Thomas the Train' phase recently - and his life revolves around Thomas. Everything from his underwear to his toothbrush, and his pajamas to his dinnerware!! (Of course, he's dressing up as Thomas the Train for Halloween.) He spends a lot of time playing with all his trains, and figuring out how to manipulate the track pieces to make double-decker train tracks! It's quite impressive!
*Jackson has 2 best friends: Luke & Ethan. They're inseparable at church, during Nursery. I absolutely love these boys! It's hilarious to watch them play with each other, and I feel so lucky that Jackson has chosen 2 sweet boys as his best friends!!
Their moms and I started a weekly playgroup for the 3 of them, and Jackson always looks forward to his playtime with his buddies!! On one of my turns to host playgroup, I filled up a few play-pools outside, put Spiderman swim diapers on all the boys, and let them play with the hose. They were in heaven!! I couldn't stop cracking up as they sprayed each other, ran races to jump into the pool first, and used the pool as a car wash for their trucks!!
We had one of the hottest Septembers on record, and so they were trying to cool down from 108 degrees!
Jackson

Luke

Ethan

*On Fridays, we have Jackson's dear friend and cousin, Brynlyn, come over to our house and play. Last Friday they entertained each other by playing 'Trick-Or-Treat'. Jackson dressed up in his Halloween costume, Thomas the Train. Brynlyn dressed up in his other play train costume, green train Percy. (He's Thomas' best friend.) They practiced ringing the doorbell and passing out candy to each other!! It was so adorable!!


*My favorite part about my 3 1/2 year-old is that he loves to cuddle up in bed with me and Eric, reading books and making up silly stories to tell each other. He will still give hugs and kisses freely, and tells me and Eric randomly throughout the day how much he loves us!! He is so great!!
2 comments:
LOVED the update!!!! Gosh, with all of your weekly play dates there's probably no time for you to come play with us! Seriously, we want to! Let me know if you have a Tuesday or Thursday morning free and we'll see if we are because we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you guys over!
I'm sorry, but he is just way too adorable!
Post a Comment