
School started today! Our local school district has a modified year-round calendar, which I love love love!! I taught year-round school in Utah and instantly became a fan when I saw how great it is for children. Jackson's preschool follows our school district calendar and so he started preschool again this week.

I LOVE how happy it makes him. When I picked him up from his first day of school, he kept giggling and repeating, "Mama, I so lucky!!" Ahhh, music to a school teacher's ears!! Ha Ha
He's at a new preschool this year and so far I've been very impressed. He adores his teacher. I adore the curriculum. So, we're both very very happy. I'm continually amazed at how good preschool is for him socially and academically.

Jackson and Ms. Nancy at 'Meet the Teacher'
The night before school started ~ Family Home Evening, Father's Blessing, and a Back-to-School gift!
First day of school ~ showing off his new backpack!! Eric and I bought it when we were in Austria 2 weeks ago. It's not actually Bob the Builder, it's Bob der Baumeister!! Ha Ha We had a good laugh over that one.
Enjoying all the goodies in his "Welcome to School" treat bag from Ms. Nancy.
2 comments:
Jackson looks like he has grown so much! I know he will love all his new classmates!
Oh thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I just love you! I'm waiting for an update on yours! Not like I'm one to talk, I'm a month behind on ours! More to come soon though! I took the kids to school the other day since Grant had never been and it was just like old times! I hadn't been since right before Thanksgiving when I stopped subbing and it was so great to see everyone! It's crazy to realize that the only students I have left there are 5th and 6th graders! It was fun to see them! How's preschool and everything going for you?
Post a Comment