
This year Eric and I will say Auf Wiedersehen to our first 5 years of marriage!! To celebrate our anniversary, we decided to brush up on our German and visit Austria and Switzerland. It was perfectly romantic and entirely gorgeous!! It was a dreamy vacation and we loved every second of it!!
We owe a huge thank you to my sister Susie for playing mom to Jackson while we were away. Bless her for doing it while she's 8 months pregnant and while Brynlyn had a broken leg. She's a saint!! She even blogged his daily adventures at her house so we could check up on him from Europe. We knew he was in good hands and didn't worry a bit.
We were able to visit 5 cities: Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Zurich, and Lucerne. One of my absolute favorite things we did in Europe was the train rides through the countryside between each city. We took some early morning trains and some evening trains and watched the sunrise and sunset behind the Alps. I had to keep pinching myself to believe I was really there; it was truly awe-inspiring!
Another favorite was listening to all the church bells in the steeples ring randomly throughout the day! It was glorious and I never got used to it. It was surreal every time I heard them!!
Above all, it was just fabulous to be with Eric! We enjoyed walking hand-in-hand down cobblestone streets, across bridges, and leisurely eating European meals in outdoor cafes. Utterly romantic! It was the perfect anniversary trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment