Monday, November 28, 2011

Introducing our Perfect Preemies!

Our sweet baby boy twins were born Wednesday, November 23, 2011. They were born at 27 weeks gestation by emergency c-section. Here are their stats:

Baby A
2 lbs. 5 oz.
15.25 inches
8:26 am

Baby B
2 lbs. 2 oz.
14 inches
8:29 am

Both boys are currently "stable" in individual incubators (isolettes) in the NICU. We anticipate they'll be there for 2-3 months. Both babies are fighting hard right now, but both are extremely "fragile." We are anxious for the time that we can touch them, and eventually hold them. (I can't wait to love on them!!)

Our families have been wonderful during these very difficult 5 days. Eric and I have greatly appreciated their visits in the hospital and their emotional support. On Sunday, Eric and my dad were able to give the boys blessings. The nurses and doctors were very understanding and allowed Eric to put 1 finger on Baby A's foot and 1 finger on Baby B's head to administer the blessing.

Baby A:


Baby B:


I wasn't able to see the boys until a few hours after surgery. They were wheeling me past the NICU and I begged them to wheel me into the nursery so I could finally catch a glimpse! I remember turning to Eric and gasping, "Oh my gosh - they're so small!!"


The twins have already brightened up our lives and we are so incredibly grateful for them. We love our perfect preemies!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Our prayers are with you, Eric, Jackson, and the boys! We hope all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Eric and Janelle, we are so sorry the babies came sooner than expected, but we are hopeful that they will grow to be big and healthy. When the time is right for you, we would love to have Jackson over to play with Carter and Spencer. Much love and prayers.

The Pettit Family

Becky and Brian said...

congratulations! i did not even know you were expecting. i am so happy for you and pray that your boys will continue to be strong and get big fast!

Smith Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! JANELLE!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!! I can't believe you kept this a secret! I want to hear everything!!!! I want to call you right now but I'm supposed to be packing for our trip tomorrow and not be here on the computer! I am soooo excited for you guys! I'm sorry they were born early and you won't be able to take them home for while. You must be just aching to hold them. I'm so glad that they are stable right now. Oh how I'll be praying for you guys and am dying to talk with you!

Gruber Family said...

Congratulations! Our prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if there is anything you need.