
My niece Brynlyn started Preschool on Monday. Now that she's 3, she qualifies for some state-funded educational programs and goes to afternoon preschool at the local elementary school. A special school bus even picks her up at her house!! It's so darling!! Jackson was at her house for a play-date in the morning before her first day of school, and I picked him up just as she was getting on the bus, so we were all able to be there for her first big day!! Even MJ came home from work to see it!! It was crazy watching a teeny, tiny 3-year-old get on a school bus!! She was so brave!! Way more brave than Susie and me!! I was holding Jackson and as he watched her get on the bus, he kept telling me that he was going to stay with Mama, not go on the bus with Brynlyn.
Jackson, Me, Brynlyn

Waving Good-Bye to the bus: MJ, Me, Jackson

5-point harness safety belt on the bus!!

My nephew and niece, David & Madison, were staying at Grandma & Grandpa Sugar's house this week, squeezing in a few more days of summer vacation, and so we were able to party with them for a bit. They are so much fun to be around and completely adore Jackson. They are like fish and so we've had a lot of fun soaking up the sun in the pool. {My dad told me that David was up at 5:30 am to go swimming!} They literally swam from sunup to sundown!! We took them to the Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center and had a blast!
Me, Jackson, & Madison

Madison & David in the lazy river

Me, Jackson, and David in the lazy river

Madison & David in the whirlpool

We celebrated 3 birthdays this week and so my sister Susie hosted a combined birthday party for David (9), Katelyn (9), and Emilee (7). We swam and had a BBQ and Jackson had so much fun playing and swimming with cousins!
David & Madison
My sweet 18 month-old niece Holly is moving away so she can go to Law School with her dad and mom. We are so sad that she's leaving, but we've been able to squeeze in a lot of play-dates lately. We're going to miss you guys!!
Holly & Jackson {I think they look like brother and sister in this photo!}

I think they were concerned that Grandpa Sugar charcoaled their hot dogs!
Puzzle Fun!
We are so lucky to live near family and we love it!! I love that Jackson has so many buddies to hang out with!!
4 comments:
Looks like there is a lot of fun and laughter going on in AZ. Sorry to hear some of the relatives are leaving. They could look back and see all the wonderful pictures you've taken! I am sure they will be home often for visits.
Whenever I see the kids with ice cream cones on your blog, I think how I need to get some for Sophie! What a brave little niece to get on the bus all by herself! I don't think I could have handled that! We need to join you guys at the Aquatic Center sometime! It always looks so fun!
Janelle! I have kind of been off the blogging boat all summer - but so fun to catch up with your summer... you all look happy!
Looks like you will be sad to see summer slip away, just as I will! What fun pictures with the cousins!
Post a Comment