Friday, September 5, 2008

Jackson's Gym Class

Today was Jackson's first day at his new gym class and he had a blast running, jumping, and tumbling! When we walked in, I turned to sign in and Jackson took off running toward the foam mats, when his gym teacher finally caught up with him, he said, "I think we're going to call you Action Jackson." I just laughed because that's what my brother and nephew call him. (AJ for short.)

A little while later his teacher was trying to teach him that he shouldn't scale the foam wedge, but rather run down it. Jackson refused to listen to him and kept doing it HIS way. He finally gave up and said, "Oh I see, you're an envelope-pusher!" I don't exactly know what that term means, but I don't think it's a good thing for the teacher to be calling your child that!! Ha Ha

Jackson's going to be the next Paul Hamm.






Check out this dismount!!
(He has his own ideas about what a balance beam should be used for! It's a good thing that the men don't compete on the beam at the olympics.)

1 comment:

Grandma Rita said...

Janelle and Eric,

From the looks of things, Jackson is going to keep you both on the run!