Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lots of Locks of Love!

This past week I cut off 10 inches of my hair and dontated it to Locks of Love.

"Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis."

My 11-year-old niece, Kenzie, also cut her hair to donate. As well as Eric's 9-year-old cousin, Olivia! They both cut 12 inches off!! They are such great girls and are wonderful examples to me of selflessness!

Janelle Before & After:


Kenzie Before & After:


Olivia Before & After:

6 comments:

Smith Family said...

Your hair is so cute! Were you sick of having long hair and wanting to go short or was it mainly for Locks of Love?

Brian said...

Thanks for posting Kenzie's shots!
You're a better blogger than me. She's loving her short, surprisingly to us "naturally curly hair."
"And it was for a good cause," too.

melonamc said...

Love the hair! Very cute. I donated to Locks of Love about 2 years ago. Such a great cause. I have a niece who suffers w/ alopecia and has recieved a wig from them.

Amie said...

wow they all look so good! Kynzie's is gorgeous! (you're too cute too!)

DancinnAnna said...

I love it Janelle. Your hair is absolutely darling. Ironically I did the same thing at the end of June!

Grandma Rita said...

Janelle!

I love your haircut! Your reason for the cut makes it that much better.

Love, Grandma Rita