It's Official: They're toddlers!
On May 23rd the twins turned 18 months old. Time flies when you're having fun, and we are having a blast!!
Andrew
We call him "Hurricane Andrew"! He is always on the go and tears through our house at record speeds. He can scale anything and is always covered with cuts, bruises, and scrapes. Currently he is sporting a shiner on his left eye. I love the reaction I get when I tell people that Grant punched him. Ha Ha {Really he jumped off the couch and face-planted onto the tile.} Recently he fell out of my SUV onto the garage floor and had quite the goose egg on his forehead. This kid is busy.
The only time he's still is when he's reading books. He is a little bookworm. I frequently find him curled up in one of our book nooks. His favorites are the Usbourne Touchy-Feely Books by Fiona Watt. We have the whole collection and Andrew can't get enough of them. He also loves the Peekaboo! series by DK Publishing.
I love the energy that Andrew brings to our family!
Grant
Grant is incredibly expressive and you always know how he's feeling because it's written all over his face. We call Grant's smile his "clown smile." It's hilarious because he randomly walks around the house with this clown smile on his face! {He also has some awesome mad and angry faces that resemble The Incredible Hulk!! Ha Ha}
He loves to cuddle, and cuddle, and then cuddle some more. He is all about the party! He loves to have fun. He hates to be alone, and he's content to follow Jackson and Andrew around the house. Simply because he's certain "Where there are brothers...there's sure to be a party!"
He loves to cuddle, and cuddle, and then cuddle some more. He is all about the party! He loves to have fun. He hates to be alone, and he's content to follow Jackson and Andrew around the house. Simply because he's certain "Where there are brothers...there's sure to be a party!"
Grant has quite the attention span and can play with 1 toy or do 1 activity for a while. He even makes it through Sacrament Meeting in the chapel! (The problem is that Andrew only lasts 15 minutes before he's torn through our pew and is ready for more! And as soon as Eric takes Andrew out, Grant says, "Oh...the party left!!" And he thinks he needs to be taken out as well!! Ha Ha)
I love the happiness that Grant brings to our family!
They've had the same schedule since they were 9 months old, and I sort of feel like we've been on cruise control for 9 months. Ever since they came home from the hospital, I've had them sleep and eat at the same time. It helps immensely because it feels like I have 1 baby instead of 2!!
They sleep from 6 pm to 6 am.
They morning nap from 8:30 - 10:00 am.
They afternoon nap from 1:00 - 2:30 pm.
They eat 3 meals a day and drink 15 ounces of milk each day. At each meal they'll eat 4-5 containers of baby food. They drink Enfagrow Toddler Formula.
I've actually gotten used to buying diapers by the crate, formula by the pallet and baby food by the case!
Thanks to Baby Wise I've trained them to be rock star sleepers and our baby-sitters LOVE us! (And I love weekly date night with Eric!!) I just traded in my copy of Pre-Toddler Wise (12 to 18 months) for Toddler Wise (18 to 36 months).
Now that they're 18 months, we're in for lots of changes!! They'll switch to 1 nap per day. They'll start going to church nursery!! They'll get milk in sippy cups not bottles. They'll get weened off baby food.
I feel like I've just traded in my babies for big boys!!








1 comment:
They are so cute and so big now. Wow. My kids never liked baby food so I am totally impressed with how much of it your boys ate.
Post a Comment