Friday, March 23, 2012

The Twins are 4 months old





Today (Friday March 23rd) the twins' Chronological Age is 4 months old. Their Adjusted Age is 1 month old.

They spent 3 months in the NICU at Chandler Regional Hospital and have been home with us for a month. Immediately after their discharge from the NICU they were admitted to Phoenix Children's Hospital for Bilateral Hernia repair surgeries. Grant suffers from BPD (Chronic Lung Disease) and is hooked up to an oxygen tank and a Pulse Oximeter.

Andrew weighs 9 lbs 9 oz.
Grant weighs 8 lbs 10 oz.

Andrew is incredibly stoic. He's mellow, sweet, and calm. (Appropriately named after Grandpa Fred.)
Grant is ultra expressive. He's spirited, alert, and smart. (Appropriately named after Grandpa Sugar.)



We are SO happy they are home with us, and we're LOVING every second of it! They are so much fun and we are having a blast with these cuties!! They are such good babies and we can't get enough of their snuggles, smiles, and coos. Eric is on Sabbatical from work for a few months and so he's been able to be home and soak up all their cuteness with me! I love that he hasn't missed a thing! They make us all so happy.



Due to their delicate immune systems, we've quarantined them to the house to keep them healthy, and we only take them out for their daily doctors appointments. They've received their monthly RSV vaccine and we are so grateful they didn't contract it this season.

Jackson turned 5 years old on Friday, March 9th and had an amazing birthday. He's reveling in his new role of "big brother"! Each day when he walks in the door from preschool he loudly declares, "Big brother is here!!" And then he jumps right in and helps with the boys. He thanks me multiple times each day for having babies, so he has someone to play with! He loves them more than anything!





We are so thankful for our 3 precious boys!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I was so excited to read your blog update. Your new boys are adorable and I love the family picture of all 5 of you. Congratulations!

Smith Family said...

Janelle!!!!

I was so excited to see that you had updated!!!! Did your mom tell you I called a few weeks ago when you were sleeping? I loved getting to talk with her and hear all the updates! It was showing up that you had gone private and I told her I needed a blog invite! I loved getting to see and read about your sweet boys! I can't imagine how busy it must be with two little preemies and taking care of Grant's needs. You are amazing!!! I love what a sweet big brother Jackson is! I know you're keeping them at home, but if there is any way you could slip away for an hour, I'd love to meet up with you and catch up before my baby comes in the next few weeks! Of course, I'd love to see them too but totally understand about my kiddos not being around them! I miss you!

April A Johnson said...

Oh My Goodness!! They are PRECIOUS!!! Adorable pictures!! Congratulations!!!

Pete & Kenna said...

Congrats! They are adorable! You've got your hands full with three boys, I'm sure! So happy for you and your adorable family.