*The other day he was building the word SCHOOL with plastic letters and I said, "Jackson, come here and give me a kiss!" He promptly replied, "No Mama, I do my letters!" However as soon as he finished, he ran over to me and gave me a big wet one!! Ha Ha
*The other night Eric was in Jackson's bed reading him some books and I was listening through the monitor. Spontaneously he cried, " I love you Dada!" So sweet!!
*Jackson loves helping me create shopping lists and running errands. One day after we'd arrived at the store, I realized that I'd forgotten my shopping list. Jackson instantly started reciting the list from memory!! He's just like an elephant!!
*He's been working on counting 1-20 and the other night he was sound asleep and all of a sudden he woke up and started counting! Eric and I were laughing as we heard him through the monitor sleep counting, "13, 14, 15, 16.." {I have to add that Eric was so proud!!}
*He's been reading a lot of Bob the Builder books and has become fascinated with the lower case letters b and d. When he would read and spell Bob, he would always confuse the b for a d. I found a really cute song from WordWorld that helps with differentiating between the two letters and he's been catching on and doing great!!
*The other night he was trying to prolong bedtime storytime and kept begging me to read him "Just one more book." I said, "Jackson, you read it." Mournfully he replied, "But Mama, I don't know how to read." Ha Ha It was so pathetically cute! So I gave him a book without any hard words, one I knew he could read and said, "Yes, you do! Read this one."
*The other night we were reading the Book of Mormon and we were studying the story of Nephi building a ship. I pointed out to Jackson that Nephi didn't even have tools to build a ship, and he had to ask the Lord where to go to make tools. I asked him what sort of tools Nephi needed to make in order to build the ship. Jackson said, "A drill gun!" Ha Ha Yes, I'm sure Nephi would've loved a power drill.
*The other day at preschool he was the "Special Helper/Star Student." He had 2 minutes to talk about himself and share anything he wanted. When I picked him up his teacher said, "Oh, Jackson told us all about the HUGE dog you have and how he rides around on his back!" I could barely stop laughing as I said, "I'm sorry. We don't have a dog."
Special Helper (with an overactive imagination):

Jackson's Tomato Plants:

Earth Day:

I'm absolutely in love with this boy!!
1 comment:
It's official! He's a genius! I'm seriously so impressed!
Post a Comment