Today was Jackson's first day of preschool!! He had a WONDERFUL day!
He was a total champ when we walked into the classroom. He read all the names on the name tags and found the one that read his name! I was so proud of him!! He instantly picked up on where to hang up his backpack and got busy playing in the kitchen!! He was so excited to be there, and didn't even look back when I said my tearful good-bye!
His 2 teachers are absolutely darling! It was so bizarre NOT being the one greeting the children and parents, pointing out the backpack rack, highlighting the snack sign-up sheet, passing out the newsletters, and requesting that emergency contact information sheets get filled out. It reminded me how much I miss teaching!!
This week his class is studying Spring Insects & Bugs. Here's an art project he made during his very first class, "C is for Caterpillar." I am so excited to see him learn and grow and watch how he responds to others' teaching styles. He is such a smart, fun little boy! He is so precious and I love him so much!!
3 comments:
Eric and Janelle,
You need to pat yourselves on the back for getting Jackson ready for preschool. I know he will love it! All of you make us so proud to be grandparents!
Jackson all of a sudden looks so grown up! I can hardly believe he's old enough to start preschool. When did he grow up so fast??? He's so darling and he'll love preschool. Way to go Jackson! We love you buddy!
What a big boy! I can't wait to talk with you about preschool! I think you said it's through park and rec. Our park and rec one is just an hour once a week, but Sophie's starting on Friday! I signed her up for the fall through the school district, but that seems like so far away! How long/how often is his preschool?
Post a Comment