Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jackson's Bestie



My niece Brynlyn stayed with us while her parents were away traveling, and Jackson was overjoyed to have his bestie live with us! I'm happy that all went well with her feeding tube and infusion pump. I was worried since she's had a rough month with a skull fracture and infected G-tube; but, thankfully all went well and we had a fabulous time!!







Snacktime outside, enjoying the spectacular 70 degree weather!




They loved early morning reading time! Jackson's obsession right now is Baby Einstein books and he was more than happy to share them with her. They dragged his book basket of Baby Einstein books to the family room, they spread out their blankies, and they had a read-a-thon!!


They also loved morning computer time on Jackson's new Leapfrog Clickstart Computer! It's FABULOUS! It reinforces math and reading skills like counting, sequencing, word building, and letter identification.



My niece Holly was in-town for a quick visit and so we had a playdate! All three of them LOVED playing outside in the warm sunshine and digging in the sandbox.


Tragically Brynlyn sliced her head open and it bled profusely! Thankfully Aunt Barbie was here to help me stay calm and stop the bleeding.


Grandma Sugar surprised them on Saturday afternoon with a visit and some chocolate ice cream bars!! My mom called me every night to check in with me and see how I was managing with the "twins".


On our way to church. Brynlyn was the star of nursery and stole everyone's heart!


Sneaking in some naps! Jackson and Brynlyn wore each other out and occasionally in the late afternoon I would find them randomly around the house, attempting to squeeze in some power naps!! Jackson snuck into his 'Big Boy Bed' with his woobie and sippy cup.


Brynlyn simply crashed on the floor.


Brynlyn loved going to Lowe's Build & Grow with Eric and Jackson, to Family Storytime at the Library with us, and to plant our Church Community Garden with our Ward.

We always love having Brynlyn in our home! As soon as she left this morning Jackson quietly murmured, "I want more Brynlyn." It's always sad when she has to go home because our house feels so quiet and lonely. Eric is in California for work and so after Preschool this afternoon Jackson and I stopped by her house, just to say Hi!

We love Brynlyn!!

3 comments:

Grandma Rita said...

Well, I think you and Suzie are going to have to get a lot more cell phone minutes when those two get their own cell phones! They will always be the BEST of friends! How lucky they are to grow up together!

Susie Jensen said...

Those pictures are so cute! You guys did such a fantastic job keeping watch over Brynlyn while we were gone. We always know she's in the absolute best hands with you. After all, your home is her "home away from home." Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I love what best friends these two are. And I always love seeing them have so much fun together.

Anonymous said...

By the way that was susie not ashlyn lol