
Jackson is hard-wired to enjoy accomplishment!! He's extremely goal-oriented and so we decided to harness his natural tendencies and put them to good use.
Here are his New Year's Resolutions: (aka Job Chart)
-Make Bed
-Take Bath
-Comb Hair
-Brush Teeth
-Pick Up Toys
-Be Happy {Pee & Poop in the Potty}
He loves it! It's so cute, the feeling of satisfaction he gets from earning a sticker when he completes each tasks. He's done so good at peeing and pooping in the potty that he earned some helium balloons.


He has been asking for a "Diego Backpack" for awhile now. {The Rescue Pack is a messenger bag that Diego wears while he rescues animals.} And he was so excited when he finally earned it!! He takes it everywhere we go and keeps his toy binoculars, camera, and flashlight inside. {Just in case he needs to rescue someone!} He is truly hilarious!!


Recently Jackson entered this silly phase and he keeps us in stitches all day long. He does the silliest things and cracks himself up! He loves to make me and Eric laugh!

Safety Goggles & Power Tools

*Last Saturday he woke up at 6:00 am, ecstatic that he was going to Lowe's with Eric that morning! He started screaming to us through the baby monitor, "I go Lowe's! I go Lowe's!"
*He loves to go grocery shopping with me! He helps me create our list and then he brings a pencil with us and crosses off the items as we put them in the cart! He loves to be my helper!
*As part of our Monday night Family Home Evening, we've started going to our local library for a 30-minute 'Family Storytime' from 6:30 - 7:00 pm. This is definitely a highlight for Jackson and he talks about it all week long! He loves the storyteller, the songs, the bubbles, the puppets, the fingerplays, the dancing, the rubber stamps, the bean bags, and spending time with dada and mama.
*He's become a master sorter! His favorite pastime is sorting things by shape, color, size, number; anyway and every way possible to sort items! The other day I gave him a sorting activity with Valentine's Day candy. He did such a great job! {It worked really well because he hates chocolate!}

*I can't believe how grown up he is! He'll turn 3 in about 8 weeks and start preschool! I'm reading "On Becoming Preschool Wise" in honor of this transition; but I'm so sad to shelve "On Becoming Toddler Wise."

He's simply fabulous!!
2 comments:
I can't put in words what I feel when I look at your happy family! You are all so blessed ad we are all so happy being a part of your lives!
It looks like you are having a great month. The chore chart you made is so cute and I just loved the picture of him sorting candy. I can't believe he'll be three soon.
Post a Comment