Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm 2 and I'm LOVIN' every minute of it!









Jackson's 2-years-old today!

-He's started using phrases when he speaks! His 2 favorites are: "I want that!" and "I don't know?!"

-He's started combining signs! He can sign, "More, please." It's so cute! He goes to a Baby Signs class and has the cutest teacher, Laura Lyon.

-He still loves to mow and edge the lawn with daddy. He always tries to sneak outside and "play" with the lawn mower and edger when daddy's not home. He even imitates Eric by pulling really hard on the pull-cord to try and start the mower!!

-He's learned that letters make sounds! {But unfortunately at this point, they all make either the 'short a' sound or the 't' sound!} He loves playing with his Little Tikes Alphabet Wagon and LeapFrog Fridge Magnets.

-He loves to read stories in the bathtub while bathing. He has 13 soft Bath Time Bubble Books and would read them in the tub all day long if he could.

-He still loves the garage. His latest trick is stealing our car keys, unlocking our cars, climbing inside, and putting the key in the ignition!! {I'm fearful he's going to learn to start the car and put it into reverse!} The other day I caught him in my car listening to the radio! When I tried to start my car, the battery was completely dead; so we had to make a little trip to the Acura dealership for a new battery!

-He loves to wear shoes, and insists on wearing them all day long! {Probably because he knows he can't go outside without his shoes on, and he's outside as often as he can escape!} But, now he's insisting that he wear shoes to bed!! I don't understand how it's comfortable, but he thinks it's great!! Eric and I joke that it saves him 30 seconds in the morning, and the quicker he can be outside!

-He still goes to the Lowe's Build-and-Grow Clinic and the Home Depot Kids Workshop. He's earned 9 patches on his manly Lowe's apron! For Valentine's Day he built me a jewelry box. (With a little help from daddy.) So sweet!

-He loves going to nursery at church, and has 3 darling nursery teachers! Last Sunday when I went to pick him up, one of his teachers said, "I'm so sorry, but Jackson fell asleep! He must have been really tired, because he just rolled over and fell asleep!" I looked in the corner and he was completely passed out! It was hilarious! {He goes to nursery from 11:45 am - 1:30 pm, and his naptime is from 12-2 pm, so I guess it makes sense!}

-He LOVES his crib and is very close to learning to climb INTO it! {He's never even tried to climb OUT of it!} He happily goes down for naps and bedtime! Last weekend we came home from Date Night and our baby-sitter said, "As soon as it was time for bed, he ran to his crib and tried to climb in!" I think it's hysterical! Here's everything he keeps in his crib: 10 books, 5 stuffed animals, 3 woobies, and 1 musical night-light toy! I think his crib is really 'The Happiest Place on Earth!'

He is so much fun, and we count him as our greatest blessing!

5 comments:

Smith Family said...

His pictures are adorable, as always! How scary about the car! Sophie loves pretending to drive the car too, but thank heavens can't unlock the top lock on the garage door and can't reach our keys. I've been talking about getting a stool for washing hands, but maybe not if it'll help her reach those things! OK - so you're braver than me about the babysitters! Do you use young women from your ward? I've only used friends - and only a few times! We did just win a future babysitting from a young women at our scout auction, so it'll happen soon! It just makes me so nervous!

Jill said...

Wow! Total Handsomeness - is that a word!?! I can hardly believe how grown up Jackson is and I love to read about all he is learning!

Heather Collins said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! He is just so adorable!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson! Isn't it shocking how quickly they grow up? You are amazing parents and doing such a wonderful job chronicling Jackson's milestones. What a cute family!

Pete & Kenna said...

Janelle you have the cutest little boy! I love that he is so happy in his crib. :)