I heard about United Way's Family Fun Van from my teaching friend Kimberley and so I decided to take Jackson. It's a free, weekly program that is sponsored in part by the Arizona Literacy & Learning Center and focuses on language development, memory development, fine and gross motor development, and socialization skills. Their goal is to help ensure that children enter Kindergarten "Ready To Learn."
We had a blast! They had so many fun things to do! Jackson loved dancing to the music, playing with all the toys, driving the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Cars, singing time, snack time, story time. He wasn't able to sit through the arts and craft time, so we brought the project home with us. This is such a fun event! My favorite part is at the end they give each child a free book to take home! Today we received a Brainy Baby board book! Wow!
2 comments:
I'm so glad that you guys had a blast! We're going today!
I just started going to that with my kids too-- they love it, and so do I! I was impressed with their organization and enthusiasm. What a great thing!
Post a Comment