Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eric is Published!


Eric subscribes to countless engineering magazines and journals, and when they come in the mail, I typically leave them in a stack for him on the counter. Today, all we got in the mail was the October 2008 volume of Journal of Quality Technology, and I layed it on our kitchen island. Later, I decided to flip through it to see what some of the articles were about. As I was flipping through the pages, I recognized some the graphs, charts, and tables as Eric's work, part of a paper he'd written that I'd read months ago. I quickly flipped to the first page of the magazine, the lead article, and started screaming when I saw Eric's name!!! The article is called Experimental Design Considerations for Accelerated Life Tests with Nonlinear Constraints and Censoring. I knew he was going to be published, but it was thrilling to see his work in the journal!! I couldn't stop smiling, I was so proud of him, and I quickly called him and started screaming, "You're published! You're published!" :-) Some of his other articles and work have been selected to be published in different journals before the end of the year, and so we're eagerly anticipating those as well! He's still enjoying working on his dissertation and we're hoping for a May graduation with his PhD. He's brilliant!! :-)

5 comments:

Smith Family said...

So awesome! Way to go, Eric!

Karalee said...

Wow, very impressive. Congrats on the big success!

melonamc said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

Brian said...

Congrats -- that is great!

Grandma Rita said...

Eric!

We are so proud of you! All that hard work is paying off!

Janelle, thanks for all the support you give to Eric!

Love, Mom