Thursday, May 22, 2008

Beautiful British Columbia: Our Vancouver Trip



We just returned from a fabulous week in Beautiful British Columbia! Vancouver was absolutely gorgeous with lots of sunshine. We were there over Victoria Day and so we were able to catch some great sights during their celebration. Our agenda included:

- Granville Island: Kids Market
- Vanier Park: Vancouver International Children's Festival
- Telus World of Science
- False Creek Ferries
- Jericho Beach Tennis Club with good friend Ryan
- Canada Place: IMAX Theater
- Gastown
- Hollyburn Country Club with good friends, Mike, Pat, & Ryan
- Chinatown
- Stanley Park
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Children's Farmyard & Train
- Grouse Mountain: Skyride & Mountaintop Eco Walk
- Vancouver Public Library
- Queen Elizabeth Park: Bloedel Conservatory
- Olympic Inuk statue
- Robson Street shopping district

In between all the sight-seeing Eric was able to present at the IIE Conference (Institute of Industrial Engineers) and did a fantastic job!!

Traveling with Eric has opened my eyes to a whole new level of organization. He creates an Excel spreadsheet for the vacation and itemizes it with the details of each and every spot we stop! He's totally brainwashed me into the importance of having an agenda while traveling to make sure you squeeze everything in! :-) Enjoy the slideshow!!

6 comments:

Grandma Rita said...

Janelle,

You ought to see Fred's agendas! Eric comes by it naturally!

Rita

Heidi said...

I am so excited to see that you have a blog! I hope it's okay that I added you to my links to friends and family on my family's blog. Jackson is one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen! How quickly he is growing up. Stay in touch!

Angela said...

Janelle,

I was so happy to see a link to your blog on the Myers' blog. Your son is adorable. I had never seen him before. The little snipits I saw of your home were beautiful. What a cute room you made for Jackson. We are expecting our fifth child in September and it's a boy.

Angela Walker

Bri said...

How fun! Aren't vacations great?! It's so nice to be able to just take a break and go somewhere (I guess Eric didn't have a complete break with his presentation :) I'm happy you had so much fun. The pics are great! You guys are such a neat family!!

Bri said...

BTW...I love your playlist. You're a girl after my own heart. Yay for country & Celine!

Brian said...

Cool pictures -- looks like it was a fun trip. You must have cut your hair halfway in the trip.?.

Great suggestion about the travel spreadsheet! Now we can fret if we're taking too much time on cell A14 we're gonna miss A16-A18.. And then feel guilty that we never even made it to column C!
[gleefully-rubbing-hands-together] Yowza, I'm ready for a trip already to get started!

I want to know which cell was Play Mafia at Aspen Grove.?.